Cathy began her sewing career early – being given a small sewing machine when she was a preschooler, so that she could sew along at her mother’s side, without breaking the side table of her mother’s machine. During school she sewed many wardrobe items. With a career of over 50 years, she has now broadened her attention and skills to many other levels.
With a serger both domestic and industrial machines in her workshop Cathy can repair almost anything. The key for anyone seeking services is ‘just ask’. Likely there is an answer.
Now known locally as ‘the zipper lady’: particularly for routine repair of work gear: jacket and overall zippers, hemming, pocket repairs and other alterations. Nomex TM fire retardant repair specialty service upon request.
for repair of children’s zippered winter parkas and snow suits.
Other production work has included
- Dance recital outfits for Conservatory of Performing Arts
- Turtle Togs swim diapers (a featured ‘Prairies-Best product at a juried western Canadian craft show gift show, and sold across western Canada for several years)
- Adaptive clothing alteration for seniors and those at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre
- Personalized gift baby books and quilts
- Santa suits& Halloween outfits
- Camping gear repairs
- Specialty product repairs including strollers, canvas sport bags, team uniforms
- Part of the costuming team for productions at the Regina Film Stage
- Tapestry work (in progress): Sask. Treaties – Provincial Map a mixed media project
Give me a call at 306-924-0208 to discuss your needs.